- Maintains an information well for data and information relating to markets
- Promotes the offers at each destination
- Supports Viennese tourist businesses in the marketing of their offers
- Represents Vienna worldwide at trade fairs and workshops and organizes partnerships within the travel industry as well as from industry
- Performs media tasks, assists journalists and facilitates international reporting on Vienna in relevant media in about 20 markets
- Maintains a worldwide Convention Bureau
- Together with Wien-Hotels & Info, runs a neutral room accommodation service and issues public relations and information materials
- Offers a B2C website in more than a dozen languages
- Isolates decisive factors for market research, and
- Reacts to topical challenges with realistic concepts (Marketing Plan, Tourism Strategy 2020, etc.).
Additional information on the Vienna Tourist Board can be found at the Fact Sheets ()
The Vienna Tourist Board has existed since 1955 under public law as directed by the Vienna Tourist Support Law. Its internal structure is run flexibly, like a private enterprise with flat hierarchies (Organizational Chart).
Renate Brauner, Member of the Viennese Government, Executive City Councillor for Finance, Economy and International Affairs, has been President of the Vienna Tourist Board since 23 March 2007. The position of Director of Tourism is filled by Norbert Kettner since September 1 2007. The Board of Directors (officially: The Tourism Commission) consists of the president, two vice presidents and 15 additional members, the latter mostly assigned by the City of Vienna.
The Vienna Tourist Board is financed mainly from three sources: local taxes taken in by hotels in Vienna, the general city budget and its own revenues.