Our Mission Statement
The Vienna Tourist Board's mission statement serves as the basis for our annual activity planning and is a daily reminder of our responsibility in the area of sustainability.
- We believe acting sustainably is a fundamental matter and apply all aspects of sustainability (ecological, economical and social) equally in all areas of our daily work.
- We align our sustainable activities with political guidelines, laws and internal goals in addition to developing them in accordance to the Vienna Visitor Economy Strategy
- We take a holistic view of the topic by perceiving people in interaction with their social environment. The Vienna Tourist Board embraces sustainability as a cross-cutting issue that affects all areas of daily life and the economy.
- We are aware that tourism in itself must become more sustainable. It is therefore important to us to optimize all areas of our work in a sustainable manner as much as possible in order to further develop Vienna as a city worth living in for its visitors, stakeholders and residents.
- We support stakeholders and customers in their sustainable activities by encouraging networking opportunities and provide knowledge transfer.
- We promote sustainable initiatives and companies and prioritize their involvement in our activities.
- We inspire our employees through various measures designed to motivate them to act sustainably.