Tourist buses during Advent
Bus parking areas
- For parking buses during the day, if possible it is recommended that you use the free bus parking spaces offered at the Stadium metro station (Pierre-de-Coubertin-Platz).
Buses without entry permits
- For buses without an entry permitVienna coming to Vienna from the A23 via Schüttelstrasse, it is recommended to drive via Franzensbrückenstrasse to Pierre-de-Coubertin-Platz.
- You are allowed to turn left from Schüttelstraße onto Franzensbrücke and from there left again onto Weißgerberlände (Hundertwasserhaus).
- Please do not let passengers off on Schönbrunner Schloßstrasse (in front of Schönbrunn Palace) on the right-hand side of the road under any circumstances! The police detected quite a few violations and they will be giving out traffic tickets. If you want to drive to Schönbrunn Palace, please use the designated bus parking area opposite the main entrance to the grounds (including the Welcome Center).
The Advent 2023 bus entry ticket
International bus companies can purchase the day ticket online starting on 30 October 2023 (the link is active from this day). The Advent 2023 bus entry ticket costs € 45.00 and must be paid for in advance by credit card.
Information required in the electronic form:
- License number
- Selected day of validity (2, 9, 16 and 23 December 2023)
- Selected time period for collecting the guests
The Advent 2023 bus entry ticket will then by sent as a PDF file by email, together with information about the allocated parking space. The ticket must be printed out and mounted in a clearly visible place on the inside of the bus windscreen.
This ensures that the bus can enter the zone and that passengers and be picked up and set down without presenting an obstacle to private transport. A maximum of 300 buses can make use of the central picking up and setting down point on Museumsplatz on each Saturday in Advent. Free parking spaces are available for these 300 buses. It is not possible to enter the bus zone on Saturdays without an Advent 2023 bus entry ticket.
If you have not received an Advent 2023 bus entry ticket:
- Bus park at Prater Messe (U2) / entry on Perspektivstrasse (parking charges apply)
- Bus park at Ernst-Happel-Stadion (U2) / Pierre de Coubertin-Platz
Guests who purchase the "All you can ride" ticket can use public transport 24, 48 or 72 hour a day.
Austrian bus companies need their own bus entry ticket which is not limited to individual days but valid for one calendar year. The ticket authorizes entry into the bus zone, but does not include the use of the Advent picking up/setting down point on Museumsplatz. This arrangement is reserved exclusively for buses with the Advent 2023 bus entry ticket. Further information (in German)