- From November 3, 2020 hotels are closed to leisure travellers/tourists. Essential travel (e.g. for business) is still possible.
- Landing bans: Flights from South Africa and Brazil are not allowed to land in Austria until April 18, 2021.
Entry Regulations to Austria
+++ From January 15, 2021 all travellers to Austria have to register online prior to their entry. The corresponding form (German/English) and further information is available on oesterreich.gv.at (English).
- Unrestricted entry is currently possible for persons if the state or territory from which entry is being made is listed in Annex A
and the person has stayed exclusively in Austria or in a country listed in Annex A during the past ten days.
- The countries and territories listed in Annex A are: Australia, Finland, Greece, Iceland, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea, Singapore and the Vatican.
- For persons entering Austria from an EU/EEA state, Switzerland, Andorra, Monaco, San Marino, the Vatican or the United Kingdom (and is NOT a country listed in Annex A) - a mandatory 10-day quarantine applies. From the fifth day onwards, you can do a Covid-19-test. If the test has a negative result, quarantine can end.
- Upon entry, a quarantine form must be signed. This form is available on the website of the Austrian Ministry of Health (Annex E and F). For certain groups of persons (e.g. commuters, diplomats, etc.) there are exemptions for entry, for details please refer to the current COVID-19 entry regulation or the FAQ: Travel and Tourism of the Ministry of Health (German).
- Entry for persons from other states and territories not listed in Annex A and not coming from EU/EEA states, Switzerland, Andorra, Monaco, San Marino, the Vatican and the United Kingdom is not permitted. There are exceptions for certain groups of people, which you can find in the current COVID-19 entry regulation (3rd section - Entry from other states and territories) or in the FAQ: Travel and Tourism of the Ministry of Health.
- Further information about entry regulations for Austria from the Austrian National Tourist Office can be found here (English) as well as on the websites of the Ministry for European and International Affairs and on oesterreich.gv.at (German)
- PCR-test at Vienna Airport: Vienna Airport offers passengers the possibility to undergo molecular-biological COVID-19 testing (PCR test) directly on site at the airport starting on Monday 4 May 2020. Rapid antigen tests are now also offered at the airport. Further information can be found at www.viennaairport.com/pcrtest
- You can find laboratories that offer COVID-19 tests in Vienna at covid19-labore.at
+++ Visa applications suspended: The Austrian embassies and consulates around the world are currently not issuing any visas. Further information can be found on the website of the Federal Ministry Republic of Austria – European and International Affairs: https://www.bmeia.gv.at/en/travel-stay/entry-and-residence-in-austria/entrance-and-residence/
+++ Current travel information from the EU Commission can be found on Re-open EU and Entry and Transit - Frequently asked questions (English) by the Ministry of Health can be found here.