Vienna Media News 03/2020 Hotel projects in Vienna
The boutique 170-room Mooons hotel is set to open opposite Vienna’s central station (Hauptbahnhof) in Spring 2020. The new hotel is all about good value for money and elegant design. In addition to a restaurant, it has a rooftop terrace and a gym with great views of the city. The Student Hotel, a new large-capacity accommodation, will open up for business in the second district at the start of May 2020. In total it has 819 rooms, but the full number will only be available during the summer holidays. Summer 2020 will bring the grand opening of the Dormero HoHo Hotel in the new Seestadt Aspern neighborhood. This new hotel has 143 rooms and serviced apartments. It is located in HoHo Wien, the world’s only 24-floor timber high-rise. With a subway station directly outside, it takes just 25 minutes to reach the center of town from Seestadt on the U2 line.
Casual luxury is the order of the day at the Almanac Hotel Vienna, which is scheduled to open in a historic mansion on Vienna’s showpiece Ringstrasse boulevard towards the end of 2020. This new luxury hotel has 111 rooms and suites as well as a restaurant, bar, café, spa and meeting rooms. Next to Stadtpark, Hilton Vienna’s modernization and expansion project will run all the way through to the end of 2020, with business continuing as usual at the hotel while work is completed. Meanwhile in the sixth district, Deutsche Hospitality Group is converting a building into the 165-room Jaz in the City Vienna hotel, ready to welcome its first paying guests also at the end of 2020. The development also features a multipurpose meetings suite.
The Lenikus group is planning two hotels in Vienna’s historic city center. Work to construct a grand luxury hotel with 77 rooms and suites on five floors of a heritage-listed Baroque building at Bauernmarkt 1 is scheduled for completion in mid-2020. Its other hotel at Bauernmarkt 21 – with around 100 rooms as well as event spaces – is targeting completion by the end of 2021. Hotel Kummer on Vienna’s Mariahilfer Strasse is being remodeled as a boutique lifestyle hotel. It will reopen as Hotel Motto with 90 rooms, an organic bakery and retail spaces in spring 2021.
Accor brand Jo&Joe is poised to move into the two uppermost floors of a building occupied by a Swedish home furnishing store with a 345-room hotel at Vienna’s Westbahnhof station. Construction work on the building started in January 2020, with the hotel and store set to open in 2021. Hotel projects due for completion in 2021/22 include the 179-room Radisson Red Vienna on the Danube Canal in the second district, as well as Rosewood Vienna with 99 rooms and suites, which will occupy a historic building on Petersplatz in the heart of the capital.
- Mooons, Wiedner Gürtel 16, 1040 Vienna, www.mooons.com
- The Student Hotel, Nordbahnstrasse 47, 1020 Vienna, www.thestudenthotel.com
- Dormero HoHo Wien, Janis-Joplin-Promenade 26, 1220 Vienna, www.dormero.de/hotel-wien
- Almanac Hotel Vienna, Parkring 14-16, 1010 Vienna, www.almanachotels.com/vienna
- Hilton Vienna, Am Stadtpark 1, 1030 Vienna, www.hiltonhotels.de/oesterreich
- Jaz in the City, Windmühlgasse 28, 1060 Vienna, www.deutschehospitality.com
- Lenikus Hotelprojekte, Bauernmarkt 1 + 21, 1010 Vienna, www.lenikus.at
- Hotel Motto, Mariahilfer Strasse 71A, 1060 Vienna, www.wertinvest.at
- Jo&Joe, Mariahilfer Strasse 132, 1150 Vienna, www.joandjoe.com
- Radisson Red Vienna, Obere Donaustrasse 61, 1020 Vienna, www.radissonhotelgroup.com
- Rosewood Vienna, Graben 21, 1010 Vienna, www.rosewoodhotels.com
Vienna Tourist Board
Tel. (+ 43 1) 211 14-364