Vienna Media News 12/2020 New hotels in Vienna
In mid-October 2020, Europe’s largest inner-city meeting and event hotel re-joined the fray following a full refurbishment project: over the past 18 months, the Hilton Vienna Park has renovated all of its rooms, restaurants, bars and event spaces while continuing to host guests, and is now ready for tourism to return to Vienna in full force. The grand opening of the Dormero HoHo Hotel in the new Seestadt Aspern neighbourhood will take place shortly. This new hotel with 143 rooms and serviced apartments is located in HoHo Wien, the world’s only 24-floor timber high-rise. With a U2 subway station directly outside, it takes just 25 minutes to reach the centre of town from Seestadt.
Various other new hotels are set to follow in spring 2021, including the boutique 170-room Mooons hotel opposite Vienna’s Hauptbahnhof station. The new hotel, which is all about good value for money and elegant design, has a restaurant, as well as a rooftop terrace and a gym with great views of the city. In May 2021, Hotel Motto is set to follow suit on Mariahilfer Strasse, with the existing hotel being remodelled as a 90-room boutique lifestyle hotel with an organic bakery and retail spaces. Almanac Vienna is also scheduled to open in May 2021. Located in a historic mansion on Vienna’s showpiece Ringstrasse boulevard, casual luxury is the order of the day at this new hotel, which has 111 rooms and suites. A new hotel operated by the Deutsche Hospitality Group in the sixth district has been announced for August 2021. Jaz in the City Vienna will have 163 rooms and multipurpose meeting areas.
Another highlight due to open in 2021 is a five-star grand hotel with 77 rooms and suites on five floors of a heritage-listed Baroque building at Bauernmarkt 1. And at the end of the year, the all-new, 179-room Radisson Red Vienna will open its doors on the Danube Canal in the second district. Spring 2022 will see an unusual property added to Vienna’s hotel portfolio. magdas Hotel im Stephanushaus, the second social business hotel to be operated by Caritas in the Archdiocese of Vienna, will occupy a former seminary in the third district. Caritas opened its first hotel of this kind near the Prater in 2015, giving refugees and immigrants formal training and the chance to gain a foothold in the hospitality and hotel industry. Looking even further ahead, there are a number of projects in the pipeline for the first district in 2023, including the Rosewood Vienna with 99 rooms and suites in a venerable old building on Petersplatz and the Mandarin Oriental on the site of the former commercial court on Riemergasse.
- Hilton Vienna Park, Am Stadtpark 1, 1030 Vienna, www.hilton.com
- Dormero HoHo Wien, Janis-Joplin-Promenade 26, 1220 Vienna, www.dormero.de/hotel-wien
- Mooons, Wiedner Gürtel 16, 1040 Vienna, www.mooons.com
- Hotel Motto, Mariahilfer Strasse 71A, 1060 Vienna, www.wertinvest.at
- Almanac Vienna, Parkring 14-16, 1010 Vienna, www.almanachotels.com/vienna
- Jaz in the City Vienna, Windmühlgasse 28, 1060 Vienna, www.jaz-hotel.com
- Hotelprojekt Bauernmarkt 1, 1010 Vienna, www.lenikus.at
- Radisson Red Vienna, Obere Donaustrasse 61, 1020 Vienna, www.radissonhotelgroup.com
- magdas Hotel im Stephanushaus, Ungargasse 38, 1030 Vienna, www.magdas.at
- Rosewood Vienna, Graben 21, 1010 Vienna, www.rosewoodhotels.com
- Mandarin Oriental, Riemergasse 7, 1010 Vienna, www.mandarinoriental.de
Vienna Tourist Board
Tel. (+ 43 1) 211 14-364