In the heart of Vienna’s old town, the luxury Goldenes Quartier shopping district awaits, with flagship stores from top international labels such as Prada, Louis Vuitton and Saint Laurent Paris at every turn to provide an exclusive shopping experience. Right next to this shopper’s paradise is the luxury Park Hyatt Vienna with 143 rooms including 35 suites and a 1,000m2 spa and pool with gold leaf tiles. A separate VIP entrance and concierge service for dogs completes the picture. The world-famous Hotel Sacher opposite the Vienna State Opera also has something special in store for man’s best friend, with a dog sitting service available on request, meaning that owners can head to one of the city’s opera houses or enjoy a luxury chocolate treatment at the Sacher’s very own spa with a clear conscience. Things take a distinctly luxurious turn for holidaymakers at Austria’s best-known cultural gem, Schönbrunn Palace. Guests staying at the Schloss Schönbrunn Grand Suite can look forward to a romantic horse-drawn carriage ride through the palace gardens, a limousine and butler service, and even their own personal chef who will prepare breakfast in the suite.
Other top class luxury accommodation options, such as the Hotel Bristol, The Ring and Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna can be found on the Ringstrasse boulevard, which is also home to some of the city’s prettiest Christmas markets. Guests at the Hotel Imperial that book a special package will receive their very own personal music CD arranged by a composer. Opened in 2015, the Hotel Grand Ferdinand on Schubertring gives its guests the chance to explore the city in a Maserati Quattroporte. Art and culture fans staying at Le Méridien will be pleased to know that free admission to the 21er Haus is all part of the package, while the InterContinental offers complimentary private tours of Schönbrunn Zoo and the Dorotheum, which is one of the world’s oldest auction houses.
Anyone wanting to take an exclusive look at the city’s galleries can take advantage of various after-hours options. At the Kunsthistorischen Museum Vienna and the Albertina experts provide evening tours of the latest exhibitions. Gourmets will also be in their element in Vienna. The city’s top restaurants include several Guide Michelin-starred restaurants such as Steirereck im Stadtpark, Mraz & Sohn, Konstantin Filippou and Silvio Nickol Gourmet Restaurant Palais Coburg. The ancient walls of the Palais Coburg Residenz stand guard above a 16th-century wine cellar. Stocked with an impressive collection of rare wines, it is widely cited as one of the world’s best. Anyone staying for four nights in one of the Coburg’s Imperial Suites, will be treated to a pair of tickets for the New Year’s Day Concert by the Vienna Philharmonic at the Musikverein, which are otherwise extremely hard to come by.
The new Le Grand Chef gourmet culinary academy at the Grand Hotel Wien allows budding cuisiniers to hone their cooking and baking skills alongside award-winning chefs. Visitors to the Das Loft restaurant at the Hotel Sofitel Vienna Stephansdom can enjoy stunning views of St. Stephen's Cathedral while they enjoy their meal. Diners at the Tempel (the name given to the glass cube on the roof of the DO & CO Hotel Vienna), which can be hired for parties of up to 12, enjoy uninterrupted views of St. Stephen's Cathedral. And the rooftop of The Ritz-Carlton Vienna on Schubertring treats its guests to the old town’s highest Christmas market, complete with authentic wooden stands, punch and Christmassy culinary specialties.
- Goldenes Quartier, Tuchlauben 3-7A/Bognergasse/Seitzergasse/Am Hof, 1010 Vienna, www.goldenesquartier.at
- Park Hyatt Vienna, Am Hof 2, 1010 Vienna, parkhyattvienna.com
- Hotel Sacher, Philharmonikerstrasse 4, 1010 Vienna, www.sacher.com
- Vienna State Opera, Opernring 2, 1010 Vienna, www.wiener-staatsoper.at
- Schloss Schönbrunn Grand Suite, Schönbrunner Schlossstrasse 47, 1130 Vienna, www.thesuite.at, www.schoenbrunn.at
- Hotel Bristol, Kärntner Ring 1, 1010 Vienna, www.bristolvienna.com
- Hotel The Ring, Kärntner Ring 8, 1010 Vienna, www.theringhotel.com
- Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna, Schottenring 24, 1010 Vienna, www.kempinski.com/wien
- Hotel Imperial, Kärntnerring 16, 1015 Vienna, www.imperialvienna.com
- Grand Ferdinand, Schubertring 10-12, 1010 Vienna, grandferdinand.com
- Le Méridien, Robert-Stolz-Platz 1, 1010 Vienna, www.lemeridienvienna.com
- 21er Haus, Arsenalstrasse 1, 1030 Vienna, www.21erhaus.at/en
- InterContinental Vienna, Johannesgasse 28, 1030 Vienna, www.intercontinental.com/vienna
- Schönbrunn Zoo, Hietzinger Tor entrance, Hietzinger Hauptstrasse, 1130 Vienna, www.zoovienna.at
- Dorotheum, Dorotheergasse 17, 1010 Vienna, www.dorotheum.com
- Kunsthistorisches Museum Wien, Maria-Theresien-Platz, 1010 Vienna, www.khm.at
- Albertina, Albertinaplatz 1, 1010 Vienna, www.albertina.at
- Mraz & Sohn, Wallensteinstrasse 59, 1200 Vienna, www.mraz-sohn.at
- Konstantin Filippou, Dominikanerbastei 17, 1010 Vienna, www.konstantinfilippou.com
- Silvio Nickol Gourmet-Restaurant Palais Coburg + Palais Coburg Residenz, Coburgbastei 4, 1010 Vienna, www.palais-coburg.com
- Le Grand Chef, Grand Hotel Wien, Kärntnerring 9, 1010 Vienna, www.legrandchef.at, www.grandhotelwien.com
- Das Loft, Sofitel Vienna Stephansdom, Praterstrasse 1, 1020 Vienna, www.dasloftwien.at, www.sofitel-vienna-stephansdom.com
- DO & CO Hotel Vienna, Stephansplatz 12, 1010 Vienna, www.docohotel.com
- The Ritz-Carlton Vienna, Schubertring 5-7, 1010 Vienna, www.ritzcarlton.com