Vienna Media News 11/2013 VIDEO: Food and drink in Vienna
There are more than 5,600 places to enjoy great food in the Austrian capital, from ice salons to restaurants. It’s hardly surprising that Vienna has something to suit every taste, with excellent food on offer at every corner, from the first district with its incredible choice to bustling markets and charming Heuriger on the city’s leafy fringes. Here, the culinary delights start at breakfast and extend throughout the day, often ending with a trip to a sausage stand. The capital’s coffeehouses are a haven of Gemütlichkeit or coziness. Whether it’s a traditional old Kaffeehaus or a modern variation on the theme, Vienna’s cafés are popular with patrons of all ages. There are around 2,000 coffeehouses, espresso bars and café-bakeries dotted across the city. Viennese wine has a long and proud history, with modern Heuriger wine taverns and innovative growers giving the industry an increasingly young and urban face. Vienna is the only major world capital with an extensive winegrowing industry operating within its city limits. The city’s 700 hectares of vineyards shape the cityscape and the Viennese way of life.
We filmed at the following locations – our thanks go out to everyone for their kind support!
- Badeschiff, Restaurant Holy Moly, banks of the Danube Canal (between Urania and Schwedenplatz), 1010 Vienna, www.badeschiff.at
- Bitzingers Würstelstand/Albertinaplatz, Augustinerstrasse 1, 1010 Vienna, www.bitzinger.at
- Cafe Central, corner of Strauchgasse and Herrengasse, 1010 Vienna, www.cafecentral-wien.at
- Konstantin Filippou, Dominikanerbastei 17, 1010 Vienna, www.konstantinfilippou.com
- Glacis Beisl, MuseumsQuartier, Museumsplatz (entrance at Breite Gasse 4), 1070 Vienna, www.glacisbeisl.at
- Heuriger Hengl-Haselbrunner, Iglaseegasse 10, 1190 Vienna, www.hengl-haselbrunner.at
- Meierei im Stadtpark (Restaurant Steirereck), Am Heumarkt 2a, 1030 Vienna, www.steirereck.at
- ON Market, Linke Wienzeile 36, 1060 Vienna, www.on-market.at
- Plachutta Wollzeile, Wollzeile 38, 1010 Vienna, www.plachutta.at
- Café Sacher, Philharmonikerstrasse 4, 1010 Vienna, www.sacher.com
Vienna Tourist Board
Media Relations UK, USA, Canada, Australia
Tel. (+ 43 1) 211 14-364